Thursday, March 12, 2020

Final Post- American Gothic by Grant Wood



I disliked this painting because it reminds me of a horror movie. I feel like these would be actors within a horror movie and that's not what I would like to see or think of when I'm looking at an art piece. I don't see anything enthusiastic or intriguing about this painting. The colors are very bland, there isn't anything that brings joy or life within the painting. I would prefer to look at a painting with different colors, something that grabs my focus.

1 comment:

  1. Never really thought of looking at this painting in that way, but now that you mention it, it actually does look like something out of a horror movie. The facial expressions on their faces only add to that view. I can now only think of them taking every person hostage that drives up to their farm when I see this.

    ReplyDelete