Thursday, March 12, 2020

Final Post


Marcel Duchamp's painting "L.H.O.O.Q." created in 1919 is my least favorite artwork. Although I love the painting "The Mona Lisa" by DaVinci, I believe that Duchamp's rendition of DaVinci's classic piece is cheap and lacks originality. Although he was technically original because he put his own twist on a classic artwork, I find that what he added to the piece doesn't add anything to the painting, and if anything, belittles it. In my opinion, drawing a mustache and beard on a well-renowned painting isn't really original; it comes off to me as putting in little effort and lacking originality. Although many of Duchamp's artworks consist of making pre-existing pieces which he originates, this artwork by him is by far my least favorite. I believe that Duchamp shouldn't have called this piece his own original work since the majority of this artwork was created by another artist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment