Thursday, February 6, 2020

Matisse vs Picasso

After reading this article about Matisse and Picasso, I found it very entertaining. I like both artists and how they're both original and unique. I chose this painting called 'pitcher, bowl, lemon' painted by Picasso. I chose this artist and this painting because I liked the way the article portrayed him. To me, it made Picasso be seen as Matisse's little annoying brother who is always trying to out-do him. I love the fact that Matisse drew a still life of lemons and many critics criticized him for painting his lemons so flat. I love that Picasso heard about this information so he decided to paint even flatter lemons. Both of these artists benefitted each other pushing each other to be the best artist they can be. Matisse's paintings are very prim and proper. Picasso's paintings are kind of just a big mess that all works together. Picasso to me is portrayed as somebody who is willing to work with whatever he has to make it through. For example, burning his paintings to stay warm during the summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment